[Danhi] Reminder - Field day this Friday and International Week next week

Michelle Shevlin michelle.shevlin at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 10:27:44 EDT 2013

Just a quick reminder that field day is this Friday.  I am picking up our Peru tee-shirts today.  How exciting!  The kids will wear them on Friday to field day and next week for International Week (get your washing machines ready).  Thank you for those of you that have paid your $10 already.  Please try and pay by the end of the week in order to reimburse the upfront $6 per student tee-shirt fees we are paying today.

Thanks and here is wishing us a sunnier rest of the week.

Ella's mom (Michelle Shevlin)

Here is a copy of the letter that went home on Thursday:
Field Day
and International Week is here!
Ms. Danhi’s
Classroom will be representing Peru
Sagamore
Hills International Field Day Friday, May 10th, 2013
Sagamore
Hills International Night Tuesday, May 14th, 2013
The cost per student is $10.*

We will be wearing our Peru shirts on
field day.  Please send in your T-shirt
money by Thursday, May 9th with
the attached form indicating if you can volunteer for upcoming activities.  All T-shirt sizes are YXS (6-8).  The $10 includes $6 for the t-shirt, $1 for
sampling Peru cuisine, and $3 for our May 24th year-end Luau party.

International week is scheduled for May
13th-17th, 2013 with International Night on May 14th,
2013 at 6pm.  We have adopted Peru and
the class will study this country during International Week.  All countries will be displayed in the
gymnasium during international night, allowing students to “travel” between
countries, having their “passports” stamped.  In addition, they will be able to sample cuisines from the countries on
display in the cafeteria.  Sophia’s mom
Rebecca and her friend Alicia (from Peru) have graciously volunteered to get
Inca Kola, created in Peru in 1935 and known as the “Golden Kola” in
international adverts, and make a Peruvian dessert to share for our sample
cuisine on international night.  In
addition, they are providing some items from Peru for our Peruvian table.  Thank you also goes to Julia’s mom, Jeanie
Barker, for designing and ordering our t-shirts.

*(cash or
check made out to Michelle Shevlin via Ella Shevlin)

Please detach
and return with your money.

Child’s
Name_____________________________

___ I would
like to help the class design the Peru display board during class Wednesday,
May 8th, 9-11am.

___ I would
like to help the class study Peru during international week, May 13th-17th.  Ms. Danhi can coordinate the date and time
with you directly.

___ I would
like to volunteer to pass out samples in the cafeteria during international
night on May 14th. We need 2 volunteers.  Spanish speaking to represent our country
would be wonderful.

___ I would
like to volunteer to stamp the “passports” at our Peru display in the gym
during international night on May 14th.  We need 2 volunteers.  Spanish speaking to represent our country
would be wonderful.

___ I would
like to volunteer to help/attend the Aloha year-end Luau party on Thursday, May
24th at 1pm.

___ I can’t
attend, but I have items to donate to decorate for the Luau party.