[Durant] Math stars question

Jill Bender jillmbender at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 18:40:12 EDT 2013

We do the same....we help Matthew illustrate the problem and then let him do the rest.  Whatever answer he comes up with is what he turns in.  For the Venn diagram question he was sure that the answer was "t-shirts" so I let it ride.  We'll go over it when it comes home.  In the meantime, he thinks he's brilliant and is looking forward to the next one.  Maybe not the best approach, but it works for us.  I have graded Math Stars in years past and loved seeing the answers that the students came up with on their own.  It's amazing to see the many different ways students think of to solve a problem.

First grade International shirts are really cute!  Thanks to all that spent time designing, ordering and distributing.

Jill

Sent from my iPhone