[Durant] March 18th class auction project - Birdhouses (donation and 2 volunteers needed)

Michelle Shevlin michelle.shevlin at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 09:50:11 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Next week our 1st graders will be painting and decorating birdhouses for Mrs. Durant's class art project for the school auction next Saturday, March 22nd. We have 4 houses and they will break up into groups. The goal is to decorate their birdhouse in a school spirit theme. Attached is a picture of one. We will be putting a primer coat of white paint on them this weekend.

On Tuesday, March 18th, from 12-1:30 they will work on the project. Each group will be given supplies and school color paints. The group will be able to brainstorm ideas for 20-30 mins and then get to decorating.

2 parent volunteers needed for March 18th 12-1:30pm - Jill Bender (Matthew's mom) and I have volunteered to help but would love 2 more parents to manage a group. Please email me if you can help.

On Tuesday, March 18th, each student should please bring:

1. $3 donation for materials - total cost was about $70. Thank you to Alex's mom for getting all the decorating supplies. Mark your envelope to Ella's mom.

2. An oversized shirt you don't mind getting paint on.  We are using non washable paints.

Don't forget to bid on these awesome works of art from our class next week at the auction!

Call or email with questions.

Michelle (Ella's mom)
678.237.7218