[Sagamore Online] Video Presentation for Open House at Sagamore

Dave Allen Barker Jr dave at 1.0ne.org
Thu Jan 30 17:02:16 EST 2014

The Photos folder of the PTA Google Drive
<https://drive.google.com/a/sagamorehillspta.org/#folders/0B5-Bq29kKNGGSEh4R1dqbk85eWs>
now has a bunch of photos, thanks to Andrea, Johnna, and Sally!

I added the photos I wanted to folders under Open House, 2013-2014
Slideshow folder
<https://drive.google.com/a/sagamorehillspta.org/#folders/0B5-Bq29kKNGGQmQzalQyTTFBTzA>
(so the same photo is in both folders (not copied)), though that
technique seems a bit fragile (removing a file from one folder removes
it from the other as well?).  I downloaded the Slideshow folder (Google
Drive zips it up for downloading (since I can't use the Google Drive
desktop client)), worked with the photos locally, then uploaded the
resulting slideshow video.

I didn't know the details of much of what I was looking at, and I know
the coverage isn't comprehensive, but I tried to find some themes and go
with it (Community, Culture, STEM, Academics).  The slideshow video
<https://docs.google.com/a/sagamorehillspta.org/file/d/0B5-Bq29kKNGGb2ZJU25xMFJZaE0>
is about 4:45, looping friendly, and doesn't have audio (I understood
it'd be playing in the background).  The graphic overlay can be better
when John uploads his artwork.

I'd like us to figure out a "best practice" for managing Sagamore media
assets someday.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience and encourage y'all to think
about how we might leverage the online storage.