[Sagamore Online] Website Discussion

John R. Lenz john at lenzmarketing.com
Wed Mar 26 14:40:31 EDT 2014

Monday could possibly work for me but can/should we just handle this with email?

Here's a couple of my random thoughts that could be paired with $3 and it will get you a large cup of hot coffee at starbucks:

1. I'm sure we could be sneaky and put some javascript into the new main site which could forward people to whatever site we want, unless of course the website visitor is Dave Barker who I'm pretty sure surfs the net with javascript disabled (Dave: am I right?) but this method would probably get people in trouble with the DeKalb County Website Overlords so nevermind. On to the next step:

2. SagamoreHillsElementary.com is a domain pointer owned by the community that I have access to that can be redirected to wherever the Sagamore Online List Mob wants. Currently it goes to the county site which is a clear ripoff of a design done by Nancy Shober in 1997.

3. Maybe we just continue down the path you and Mr. Klein have gone down with google sites and enlist contributors to fill in the content and point to the google sites domain?

4. Or go back to the wordpress installation/pta site (http://sagamorehillspta.org/) but update the theme so it doesn't look like a trainwreck and jam the content in there so we aren't having to do two sites? I would venture to guess that more of the Sagamore community understands wordpress than google sites. Also we could install a plugin that makes the site oh so responsive and mobile friendly, and/or get Peter Helander involved in using his automated software to display a mobile version as necessary http://www.mobilewebsitegurus.com/test-your-site/

5. Then we party.

-John