[Sagamore] Fifty Nifty United States

Dave Allen Barker Jr dave at 1.0ne.org
Fri Aug 16 12:21:32 EDT 2013

Have you heard of the "Fifty Nifty United States"
<https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Fifty+Nifty+United+States%22> song‽
Be sure your kids get a listen, it's great fun!

I hadn't heard of it until yesterday.  After my wife, Jeanie, and I
dropped our daughter, Julia, off in the morning, we stuck around to
listen to the announcements, as it was Julia's birthday and we wanted to
hear her birthday shout-out.  We were listening with another parent who
freaked out when she heard the song, "Fifty Nifty United States", begin
over the loudspeaker.  "Oh this is great!  Do you know this song?  You
don't‽ Oh, it's great!  'Fifty Nifty United States, of the thirteen
original colonies…'"  What an impression it had made on her growing up,
and now our kids will get to experience this fun memorization aid too!
Thanks Sagamore morning announcements! ☺

P.S.  Is it kind of fun that we can share stuff like this with each
other?  This discussion list can be anything we Sagamore parents want it
to be.  If you think this has potential, please encourage others to
check it out (and subscribe)
<http://www.9.0ne.org/w/Sagamore_discussion_list>!