[Sagamore] Dick King-Smith books

Lara Baldwin lara.baldwin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 16:03:52 EDT 2013

Hey everybody,

I wanted to mention the author Dick King-Smith in case you haven't heard of his books. We've stumbled upon his books this summer and have really been enjoying them. They all seem to be about animals and take place in England a long time ago. So far the stories have been very unusual and a lot of fun.

So far we've really enjoyed:
The Three Terrible Trins -- Think Downton Abbey but with mice.
Harriet's Hare -- An alien in the form of a hare befriends a girl.
The Catlady -- A cat lady and her cats. Some of whom she thinks were reincarnated from people she knew.
There are a lot more that look great.

Dick King-Smith wrote the book Babe: The Gallant Pig which was made into a movie.

We just started The Stray this week. So far it's about an elderly woman who runs away from her old folks home. There will be a dog involved I think.

Thank you, Dave. This Sagamore Discussion List is NIFTY :)
Lara