[Danhi] Volunteer Coordination

Erin Conrad econrad at telcosolutions.net
Fri Mar 15 10:28:50 EDT 2013

The group email works for me.

Thank you,

Erin Conrad
Consultant
678-735-7300
866-844-2181
877-257-1890 – Fax
www.TelcoSolutions.net<http://www.TelcoSolutions.net>

From: Dave Allen Barker Jr [mailto:dave at 1.0ne.org]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 9:59 AM
To: Danhi 2012 List
Subject: [Danhi] Volunteer Coordination

Erin pointed out to me this morning that he wanted to volunteer to do some AR testing, but saw our sign-up sheet<http://sagamorevolunteers.pleasebringit.com/public/gew9kPQ3QU8> only covers last semester.  I was going to update it for this semester, but it's a bit of work and I'm not sure it gains us much.

Since most of our volunteer opportunities are flexible, the sign-up sheet cannot provide an email reminder specific to the volunteer spot (within the week is the best it can do).  I rely on my own calendering to remind me anyway.  After that, the sign-up sheet simply provides a place for us to see when and how other people are volunteering.

I'm suggesting volunteers simply email the class mailing list with their intentions since the sign-up sheet doesn't provide much functionality for us.  If having a reference of when/how folks are volunteering is still important, volunteers (or myself) can simply make a note of it on the class website (anyone can make additions there).

What do you think?  If I don't hear any concerns, I'll go ahead and retire the sign-up sheet and update the volunteer section of the class website<http://www.9.0ne.org/w/Ms._Danhi_2012#vol>, and expect everyone will just email the class when/how they're volunteering (and maybe make a note on the website (if they're feeling fancy)).

Thanks.