[Sagamore Online] Google Apps for Nonprofits

Dave Allen Barker Jr dave at 1.0ne.org
Tue Jun 18 12:00:31 EDT 2013

I still think it would be neat if the PTA had a free Google Apps for
Nonprofits account (intro <http://www.google.com/nonprofits/>, howto
<http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2858465>).  It
would allow:

  * Flexibility and branding of email addresses (various
    @sagamorehillspta.org (or other domain) email addresses)
  * More control over calendaring (wouldn't it be great for parents to
    subscribe to a PTA shared public calendar?)
  * A place to collaborate (neat old 3 minute video explanation
    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRqUE6IHTEA>)
  * Other possibilities (John's mentioned free Google ads
    <http://list.9.0ne.org/archive/sagamore.online/2013-March/000013.html>)

We don't need to decide to use it right now, but I think having the
possibility ready is only good.  Official PTA voices, what do you think?

John, I think you mentioned that you could get that ball rolling if the
PTA would like?