[Sagamore Online] Proving Tax Exempt Status [Was: Website Billing]

Dave Allen Barker Jr dave at 1.0ne.org
Tue Jun 25 23:42:12 EDT 2013

The attached *letter of standing* of Sagamore Hills PTA with Georgia
PTA, which also mentions both party's EINs, is *not sufficient* for the
Sagamore Hills PTA to be recognized by Dreamhost as a tax exempt.
Select quotes from Dreamhost's response to my submission (full response
is also attached):

  * While it is a perfect cover letter, we do require the actual
    501(c)(3) documentation.
  * A 501(c)(3) determination letter is the only documentation that we
    will accept.

As I mentioned this morning
<http://list.9.0ne.org/archive/sagamore.online/2013-June/000033.html>
and last week
<http://list.9.0ne.org/archive/sagamore.online/2013-June/000025.html>,
they're requesting a copy of Georgia PTA's 501(c)(3) *determination
letter* (since Sagamore Hills PTA is a subordinate organization and does
not have a determination letter of its own
<http://www.9.0ne.org/w/Sagamore_Hills_PTA_nonprofit>).