[Sagamore Online] proof of concept website and google drive test

David E.F. Klein d_e_f_k at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 17:23:23 EST 2014

Dave (and anyone else interested),
I just spent an hour testing the future of the PTA using Math Fact Mountains as an example. A brief summary is below:
I created a new page on the PTA test website with a general description of what the mountains are, what the process for completing them is, the mountain names, contact information, etc. I made all of this information up because I couldn't find it anywhere on the current school or PTA sites. It would be great to also have a link to the forms themselves so people could print them out at home and maybe a pretty picture of a happy kid pointing at his/her name on the wall. This is the basic stuff that all parents should know but don't until they painfully piece it together over the years.
https://sites.google.com/a/sagamorehillspta.org/test-google-sites/math-fact-mountains
I also created a link at the bottom of this web page to a second web page called "workspace".  This page has the background information for the PTA Chair and other volunteers about what the heck they are supposed to do and how. This page also has a direct link to the PTA Google drive (discussed next) so that all the relevant information can be found in one place. If you are logged into the website as a PTA member you can see it. If you are just a random Joe Blow you can't.
I then created a new folder on the PTA Google drive. This folder contains the word template for printing the names to post on the wall. It also contains a subfolder of all of the word lists sent to me each week by Judy of the names of the students that passed the tests. It could also have budget info or any other random stuff.
The thought behind all of this is that with a little bit of up front effort, this particular task is good to go in the future if I get hit by a bus. Anyone in the PTA can get to the info and now knows what to do with it. We should be able to the same for any other PTA events or activities.
Thoughts?
David