[Sagamore Online] Website idea/format

Dave Allen Barker Jr dave at 1.0ne.org
Wed Mar 5 11:58:55 EST 2014

I really don't have a specific vision yet, especially in the look/feel
department (what I've done so far is just grab some elements from John's
school district site
<http://web.archive.org/web/20131231042957/http://www.dekalb.k12.ga.us/sagamore>
work).

My focus right now is getting the infrastructure, content, and process
in place.  Of course that need not stop someone else from addressing
"the pretty" now (who might that be?) and I'll do what I can later too.

The look of the site as a whole and the homepage in particular is not my
strong suit.  Thus far I've just been trying to keep it clean: getting
rid of the fat header/nav and the
only-sometimes-helpful-but-always-taking-up-space sidebar accompanying
every page.  I think navigation is best from a great homepage, lots of
links to other site pages within the content of every page, some jumping
off points in the footer, and site search.

Remember, the new effort is currently at
http://test-google-sites.sagamorehillspta.org/ ;you can even make ideas
real by following the "Sign in" link at the bottom with the
sagamorehillspta at sagamorehillspta.org Google Account (I keep an eye on
site activity and we can roll any big goofs back).

Oh yeah, and the styling is responsive by default, so how the content is
layed out on a phone may be different than what you see from a desktop.
I've been pleased with that so far.