[Sagamore Online] math stars on PTA website and google drive

Dave Allen Barker Jr dave at 1.0ne.org
Sun Mar 2 15:31:02 EST 2014

On 03/02/2014 02:57 PM, David E.F. Klein wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I took a stab at doing the MFM website and google drive process for
> Math Stars. I got a lot farther than last time but there are still
> (many) things I need help with. Take a look at it if you get a chance,
> but please don't update it until we can sit down together.

Great!  And whoops.  I already starting cleaning some bits up before I
saw this message.  I'll stop now! :)

I'm not going to be able to have a work session this week, as I'm doing
the YCS Consignment Sale.  I'll be able to have a work session the week
after this.

Also, are you plugged into any Instant Messaging, like Google Hangouts
(realtime chat in Gmail or Google+ (or phone))?  I sometimes see you
working away
<https://sites.google.com/a/sagamorehillspta.org/test-google-sites/system/app/pages/admin/recentsiteactivity>
and if I happen to be too, it'd by nice to IM or video you to help each
other out.  If you want to try, give me your new Google Account ID
(email address) and I'll see if I can't contact you that way.

> Also, do we have a standard email or attachment that we can send to
> people to get them involved? Specifically, Nat Strohl is the MS chair
> and presumably has all of the files, spreadsheets, instructions, etc.
> that I couldn't find on the current PTA site. I would like to send him
> something that fairly clearly tells him what we are doing, how to
> upload his stuff to the drive, the drive password, etc.
>
> I think you said you already did this once for the garden committee?

We don't, be we certainly need to.  I haven't done anything for the
garden committee yet (but have experimented
<https://sites.google.com/a/sagamorehillspta.org/test-google-sites/garden/workspace>),
but they're in my sights. Here are some bits that could contribute:

  * Workspaces intro on the to-be PTA site
    <https://sites.google.com/a/sagamorehillspta.org/test-google-sites/workspace>
    (I think this should be where that information lands?)
  * Google Drive notes <http://www.9.0ne.org/w/Sagamore_Google_Drive>
    (and other Sagamore Online bits at Parents
    <http://www.9.0ne.org/w/Category:Sagamore_Hills_online>)

> Thanks.
>
> David

Thank you!  It feels so good to have a partner in crime! :)

Also, I keep CC'ing these conversations to the Sagamore Online
discussion list <http://list.9.0ne.org/list/listinfo/sagamore.online>
because this is the kind of work I want others to have the option of
peeking in on (and lending a hand).  If you or anyone else following
along has anything to say about this, please let me know.